On July 9-10, 2019, the Government of Finland and the Global Coalition on Aging convened the first-ever Silver Economy Forum for government and business leaders. Following the success of the Helsinki Silver Economy Forum, GCOA was invited to bring the issues highlighted in the Silver Economy Forum to the annual World Summit on the Information Society 2020, followed by other global SEF convenings around the world.
Featuring CEOs of global companies, government leaders, NGOs and global institutions, the inaugural Silver Economy Forum:
- Clarified and elevated the understanding of the opportunities of the $15 trillion silver economy;
- Stimulated new thinking on the impact of finance, technology, elder caregiving, and medicine on healthy and active aging;
- Helped map business strategies to create value for established companies and entrepreneurial ventures through the prism of the aging lens;
- Highlighted policies and innovative solutions that enable successful aging; and
- Spotlighted how government and business are working together to leverage the aging mega-trend.
These two days of thought-provoking panels and speeches were complemented by an expo area for showcasing current and future innovations. In October 2019, GCOA released the report Five Powerful Ideas for Capturing the Value of the Silver Economy, based on the expert insights and recommended actions from the Forum.
Visit the Silver Economy Forum website to learn more about Silver Economy Forum 2019 and other Silver Economy Forum events.