Last modified: May 2018
Global Coalition on Aging (“Company”, “We”or “Us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.globalcoalitiononaging.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us.The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Global Coalition on Aging’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Global Coalition on Aging about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- With your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Member Profiles. On our website, you may be able to create an online profile, which may include information about your job title, employer, and your experience in different areas. This profile enables other Members participating in the Member program to determine whether your background and expertise might make you a useful contact on a particular issue. You can choose how much, if any, of your profile information is displayed in Member listings or when you post discussion messages in the discussion areas, and whether to make your information searchable by other Members in your particular Member program. When you create an online profile and choose to (i) display any of your profile information in the Member listings or when you post discussion messages; or (ii) make your profile information searchable by other Members; you acknowledge and agree that you are making that information about you available to other Members who might use that information to contact you via messages sent through the Site to obtain the benefit of your expertise.
- We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help prevent unauthorized access. Despite these measures, no data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit via our website.
- We make efforts to restrict access to information to only those employees, contractors, and agents who need such access in order to operate, develop, improve, or deliver our programs, products, and services.
- Please note that you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your credentials used to access any account or service with Global Coalition on Aging, and you must report suspected unauthorized activity to us. You are responsible for activity conducted with your credentials.
Questions, Complaints, and Dispute Resolution
If you have any questions about this Policy or how we process your information, please email us at [email protected].
Any complaints about our adherence to the practices described in this Policy should first be directed to Privacy Team at [email protected]. We will attempt to answer your questions and satisfy your concerns in a timely and complete manner as soon as possible. You may also send us an email to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided us.
Global Coalition on Aging has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Global Coalition on Aging complies with the federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. We will not send you marketing messages if you have opted out. You can choose not to receive messages in the future by either (1) following the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each email, or (2) you can opt-out here. If you feel you have received an email from us in error, please contact [email protected].
Email Newsletters. Global Coalition on Aging offers several email newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter.
Emails from You. If you send us an email, we will use your email address to respond directly to your questions or comments.