In November 2021, GCOA released a report linking 21st century employer benefits to a new social contract for how to meet growing employee needs in our aging society.
The new report, Shining a Spotlight on Caregiving: Employer Practices Through a Policy Lens, offers five principles that will transform how we understand and approach this topic:
- Work should not inhibit high quality care, and vice versa.
- Individuals and families should be able to support themselves financially through all levels of caregiving, both as caregivers and care recipients.
- All family caregivers should receive sufficient support, regardless of whether they care for children or older family members.
- Caregiver support policies should help caregivers and care recipients address Covid-19 and recover from long term impacts of the pandemic.
- Longevity economics will be significantly improved by shining a spotlight on the value added through caregiving activities.